Sara did this "Marriage Tag" on her blog and it looked like fun--who knows, maybe some of you might learn something you don't know.
1. What is his name? David Robert Nixon
2. Who eats more? Actually, I probably do. However, I am trying not to. Since January I have lost twenty pounds and am trying to lose more, but am currently at an impasse.
3. Who said "I love you" first? He did. We were sitting on the sofa in one of the "formal" rooms of the mansion where I lived with about fourteen other nursing students. I asked him to repeat it just to make sure I had heard him correctly.
4. Who is taller? He is, of course, by 10-11 inches.
5. Who is smarter? He is, hands down.
6. Who is more sensitive? I am, hands down.
7. Who does the laundry? I do, but during the past several months when my rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia were acting up and my hands were really hurting, he did it without being asked. He does a really good job of it too.
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Well, the deal is that where ever we are sleeping I sleep on the side of the bed nearest the bathroom. He probably doesn't know that is the deal, but it is. Currently in our house that is the right side if you are facing the head of the bed.
9. Who pays the bills? We split it.
10. Who cooks more? I do.
11. What meals do you cook together? Anything on the grill. He grills and I do the rest.
12. Who is more stubborn? Depends on the subject. He has his and I have mine.
13. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? I am. He is never wrong.
14. Who has more siblings? I have 4 sisters (2 step) and 1 brother, he has 3 brothers and 1 sister.
15. Who wears the pants in the relationship? Ditto with Sara and Wade.
16. What do you like to do together? Play Wii tennis, go to the movies, eat out, chill in front of the TV.
17. Who eats more sweets? That would be me, by far.
18. What is his guilty pleasure? Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla icecream.
19. How did you meet? At church at the old Dallas Stake Center on Keist Blvd. in 1975 right before he left on his mission and right before I joined the church.
20. Who asked who out first? While on his mission he bet me that I would be married before Valentine's Day 1977. I told him he owed me a dinner when I won that bet. It took him a year after he got home to pay up, but pay up he did. We went to Pizza Hut in Duncanville, TX on Camp Wisdom Blvd.
21. Who kissed who first? He kissed me and actually asked permission first. How sweet!
22. Who proposed? He did. At Sundance Resort at night under the stars with a ring.
23. His best features? His nice blue eyes, his forgiving nature, his calm cool collectiveness and his Clint Eastwoodness.
24. What is his greatest quality? He knows a good choice in a wife when he sees one.